Becoming a student at one of the member schools of the IONIS Education Group is to join the top private higher education group in France.
This is an advantage that goes beyond structural realities. It is a shared way of thinking, built around a common vision and strong values:
- The importance given to human and practical acquisitions, and not only to gathering knowledge, since a school is also a place to consolidate one’s personality.
- The greatest importance given to learning how to adapt, how to analyse change, and how to master new situations.
- Being permanently receptive to the international aspect, to companies’ dynamics, to innovation and creativity, to the sense of initiative and an entrepreneurial mind.
The IONIS Group encompasses a modern way of teaching as it is open to the world and the changes that surround it. The IONIS Education Group sees it as a duty to better understand families, students and young people, for a better integration into the evolution of our society, to be pertinent and perform well.
A UNIQUE NETWORK
The IONIS Education Group was established by Marc Sellam 35 years ago and today is the top private group of higher education institutions in France. There are 20 or so schools and entities* that bring together 23,500 students in business, marketing and communication, management, computer science, aeronautics, energy, transport, biology and creation, in 12 towns across France.
The IONIS Group’s vocation is to train the “new intelligence” for businesses. It has a significant access towards the international sector, is very open to innovation and the spirit of entrepreneurs, and has a veritable “culture to adapt and change”, which are the principal values taught to the future graduates of higher education institutions in the group. They will thus become the key actors in tomorrow’s economy, joining the alumni network of our institutions which has over 65,000 members.
The synergy between the schools is made stronger due to the deployment of a fibre optic digital network, unique in the higher education system in France: IONIS Digital System (Internet 1.5 Gbps, 1 Gbps liaison through fibre optics between sites.)
The principle values taught to future graduates of the higher education institutions in the IONIS Education Group, and to those who will become they key actors of the economy and of tomorrow’s world, are an understanding of innovation, a sympathy for an entrepreneurial spirit and a real “culture of adaptation and change”
PRESENTATION OF THE THREE POLES OF THE GROUP:
FOCUS ON THE PARIS SUD DIGITAL CAMPUS
The digital campus of Paris Sud was built over 10 years ago around a vision, an idea and a conviction:
- A vision – NTICs (new technologies of information and communication) and the digital system are the industry of today and tomorrow
- An idea – these new domains need other pedagogical views and other ways to work together
- A conviction – passion is the motor of every great achievement, and in order to be expressed it needs appropriate means and new methods.
The IONIS Education Group has based itself on NTIC teaching and innovation for over 18 years. It combines new methods for apprenticeships, a project-based pedagogical education, and an unfailing encouragement of its students for the yearn to learn.
The aim is to create the engineers and experts of tomorrow. The new intelligence of businesses, innovation requiring an open-minded attitude, a crossing of experiences and knowledge. In bringing together all these aspects, we make it possible for the students to think and work together, thus conforming to the practices of the businesses in the sector.
Facts and figures:
- Top digital campus in France dedicated to NTIC and Internet.
- Nearly 6,000 students.
- A site that is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day so the students can develop their projects at their own rhythm.
- A unique cluster that brings together engineering schools and digital expertise, research laboratories, incubators and start-ups.
- Four schools: EPITA, Epitech, Web@cademie, Ionis School of Technology and Management.
- meltyNetwork, start-up created by Alexandre Malsh (Epitech graduate 2009), vice-president of the French national digital council.
- Incubators: Creative Valley, partnership between Epitech and Push’Pull, and StartUp42 by EPITA, accelerator of the start-up.
- Around 10 laboratories for applied and fundamental research in all digital and computer science domains.
- Over 60 student associations involved in many areas: sports, games, Japanimation, culture, research, entrepreneurship, robotics, photography, videos.
- The IONIS Digital System equipment is unique in France: it has a 1 Gbps fibre with 1.5 Gbps bandwidth that links the 12 French cities where the IONIS Education Group is established.